Sunday, January 22, 2006

Say "no" to homemade Mariscos............


My buddies and I decided to take a trip to a place that we were told had some of the best" Real homemade Mexican" Mariscos in Los Angeles. For those non-Latinos ( Mariscos=seafood). On the advice of a friend ( u-oh).So you know my mind was dreaming of those fresh shrimps, cerviches, pescado frito, and caldos. Just the thought makes me want to drive to Los Cabos. So to my disappointment going to the so-called "dream spot" turned out to be a trip through HELL!!!
The one thing that made it not so bad was the fact you could bring in your own beer ( which was a major delight to my friends who rolled 4 six packs bottles of Corona's with us). But the service ( 40 min wait to get a waitress),side dishes ( what sides dishes, you got fish and fish ONLY), food( a C+ with a curve), and atmosphere ( it was a old house converted into a diner and you had to sit on old chairs) got me so angered I was sick being so upset. If anyone knows me, I do not hold my tongue. I wanted to tear a new asshole into the waitress, and owner. But it's my newly founded friends and my Spanish isn't what it used to be. I also remember a certain good friend from Paris telling me " I should not be such a picky, spoiled and overbearing American". I should respect other customs and not to expect that everything in the world does not float around "Denny's Style" service ( thank God because that place sucks)
So I held back and just smiled. But inside was a civil war going on and my Winchester rifle was aimed at that waitress on lock. After I got home. I layed down, ran to the bathroom, toss up some cookies, and fell asleep ( sorry Harvey about the no show). Woke up with a bloody mouth from grinding my teeth in my sleep ( I must have been really pissed). As for my friend..........that is one minus check for you pal. Que mal

No comments: